This is an applesauce cake covered in fondant. I used chocolate licorice over toothpicks and wood skewers to create the rungs on the gazebo and a printed heavy paper for the roof. The car is made of rice krispie treats covered in fondant, and the guitar and microphone are made of modeling chocolate. The draped bunting is made of fondant. I used an edible paint made of corn syrup and food coloring to draw the parade figures. Unfortunately, I used liquid food coloring instead of gel coloring and it made the paint run after the figures were painted on.
Saturday, June 29, 2013
4th of July Birthday Cake July 2012
I made this cake for my grandpa's birthday. He has always loved the Fourth of July and it is one of the holidays my family practically always spends together. Grandpa restores antique cars, and the one on the cake is supposed to be his Old Desoto. He also loves to sing and has often been invited to sing on the Fourth of July in the gazebo at the Hyrum City square. And of course, no Fourth of July would be complete without a parade!
This is an applesauce cake covered in fondant. I used chocolate licorice over toothpicks and wood skewers to create the rungs on the gazebo and a printed heavy paper for the roof. The car is made of rice krispie treats covered in fondant, and the guitar and microphone are made of modeling chocolate. The draped bunting is made of fondant. I used an edible paint made of corn syrup and food coloring to draw the parade figures. Unfortunately, I used liquid food coloring instead of gel coloring and it made the paint run after the figures were painted on.
This is an applesauce cake covered in fondant. I used chocolate licorice over toothpicks and wood skewers to create the rungs on the gazebo and a printed heavy paper for the roof. The car is made of rice krispie treats covered in fondant, and the guitar and microphone are made of modeling chocolate. The draped bunting is made of fondant. I used an edible paint made of corn syrup and food coloring to draw the parade figures. Unfortunately, I used liquid food coloring instead of gel coloring and it made the paint run after the figures were painted on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment